Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Calm like a Bomb..
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I usually ride alone and figured things like the computer trainer as well as being able to race against your previous routes would be good things to have as well as a calorie counter. I would like to have a hear monitor but not sure I really need one or would use it.

So I can get the 305 with cadence and Heart monitor

or

Get the 605 which doesn't have either but has a bigger screen with color and has maps and seems to be a much better gps. I have also read people have issues of the 305 not recording speed or miles correctly and that they felt the HR monitor was not accurate

I do not race and am not a very serious trainer so trying to find what will work best for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 205 and regularly ride with folks using the 305 and the 705. There were some coverage issues with the early versions of the Forunner, but I have not had any issues of it not recording speed or miles correctly nor have any of my buddies experienced any problems using the 305 or 705.

As you are aware, the 605 is essentially like my 205 only in color. The 305 and 705 models have heart rate, or cadence, or both. Like you I felt all I needed was a simple computer since I was not a "serious trainer." I love my 205, but now after a couple of years (and have since rededicated myself to get more fit) I find that I now miss not having the HR capability.

My recommendation to you would be to get either the 305 with HR or the 705 with HR (cadence is up to you). That way you have the flexibility to use it should you decide later to get a little more serious about your fitness. If not, the 205 and 605 are still great units.

Colorado Cyclist has had all these models on sale this summer btw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.