Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Garmin speed/cadence sensor to go along with my Garmin HRM, and even though it seemed way too overpriced, I went ahead and bought the rubber mount to go on the handlebars as well. After trying to put it on I realized how big and bulky it is. I had to take off my aerobars to fit the mount and I planned on simply moving them over a little, but due to the tapering off of my handlebars, the aerobar brackets now won't clamp onto the bar. I've tried building them up with rubber pieces, but it's an abnormally shaped tappering, so nothing seems to work. Should I just trash the mount and put back the aerobars? Any suggestions on making it all fit? Thanks.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Don't have an answer for you, but I'd like to know where you get extra handlebar mounts for the Garmin.
Ebay, universalcycles.com or the LBS worked for me.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
NCHeeler said:
I just bought the Garmin speed/cadence sensor to go along with my Garmin HRM, and even though it seemed way too overpriced, I went ahead and bought the rubber mount to go on the handlebars as well. After trying to put it on I realized how big and bulky it is. I had to take off my aerobars to fit the mount and I planned on simply moving them over a little, but due to the tapering off of my handlebars, the aerobar brackets now won't clamp onto the bar. I've tried building them up with rubber pieces, but it's an abnormally shaped tappering, so nothing seems to work. Should I just trash the mount and put back the aerobars? Any suggestions on making it all fit? Thanks.
What kind of Garmin are you talking about?

If it's a wristwatch type of thing, just cut a piece of thick pipe insulation, wrap it around the handlebar, tape with friction tape, mount wristwatch on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.