Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting something from the Edge line for a while, and the local Performance Bicycle shop had an 800 on clearance for $549. With Garmin offering a $100 rebate on the 800 right now, plus a military discount at PB, I scored my 800 for $419. Not a bad deal, even without the military discount. If you have a Performance Bicycle shop nearby, and you're in the market for a Garmin, might want to swing by and see if they have any 800's left.

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts
On a related note, REI is starting to clearance out the Garmin Oregon 450/450t models (likewise with Amazon and other stores). They lack some of the bicycle features of the 800 series but they still have the available upgrade of heartrate/cadence/mph. Since I'm more of a tourist than a racer, the Oregon has what I need.

Thanks for the head's up. I didn't realize that PB had a military discount although I'm out now so I guess it doesn't matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.