Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Garmin out front mount

1672 Views 18 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  zero7404
Apparently this simple accessory I'd like is a unicorn so I'm hoping someone else might have a lead or other suggestion.

The Universal Out-Front Mount (Varia) that comes with some of Garmin's devices has the head I want...
BUT, I want it on a mount more like this one that mounts to the stem faceplate bolts.

Here's a pic of my current setup in hopes it will make more sense than me trying to describe it:
Bicycle handlebar Helmet Personal protective equipment Gas Electric blue

What I want is to eliminate that top part of the go-pro to garmin adapter by having a mount like the one that came with the light/computer. I'm against having anything clamped to the handlebars, which is why I refuse to use the Garmin out-front mount that would otherwise solve my "problem"

Other than hacking both mounts in half and gluing them together does anyone know of a mount like I described that will solve my self-inflicted problem?
See less See more
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
I see many options on Ebay. I searched on "garmin edge mount stem"
I see many options on Ebay. I searched on "garmin edge mount stem"
appreciate you taking the time to look.
i'm only seeing ones like in the amazon link i posted. unless you're seeing something different that me i don't want the go-pro type bottom mount. it might be better if i take a pic of the bottom of the garmin handlebar mount when I get home.
More like this鈥

Top:
Automotive tire Rim Wood Gas Auto part

Bottom:
Automotive tire Rim Gas Machine Automotive wheel system
See less See more
You can add something like this to a lot of mounts:

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk
Here it is attached to a K-edge mount as an example. I use it for a camera.
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive lighting

See less See more
Reactions: 1
Here it is attached to a K-edge mount as an example. I use it for a camera.
thats pretty close to what i'm looking for. but with garmin's stupid headlight it would end up mounted 90 degrees off.
Computer Personal computer Peripheral Input device Computer keyboard

i literally regret everything i've bought with the garmin name on it
See less See more
I have run this setup as well. You can turn the bottom mount in any direction. The red adaptor is kinda weak, but you can just use the garmin one that you already own.

Bottle Automotive lighting Gas Rim Auto part
Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist Nail

See less See more
  • Love
Forgot to mention that the part of the Cestbon adaptor that attaches to the gopro mount can be rotated 90 degrees. (Note: Cestbon is the first link I sent) It would replace the one that came with you Garmin light if you went with the Cestbon option.

@Nutball thanks! That appears to be what I鈥檓 looking for!
I feel like I鈥檝e seen it before but it hasn鈥檛 popped up on any searches recently
edit: I had a hot tip. It was the same Nutball鈥檚.
I have run this setup as well.
So I bought the KOM mount. It looked promising when I opened the package. Maybe I got a dud. Maybe I鈥檓 just asking too much. I couldn鈥檛 get the adapter that came with the KOM mount or my garmin light to attach to it. It was just too tight.
i think thats actually the one i have. i hate that is has a gopro mount in between. go-pro mounts just arent user friendly enough to get tight enough to hold a light securely on a ride then have to remove it to charge the light every other ride.
Niterider has a quick mount for their front lights that attaches to the GoPro adapter. Makes it easy to remove the headlight for charging.
Yep, it seems like every light has a better mount than Garmin's own light, which uses a Go-Pro style rather than a Garmin mount. Silly me thought it would be a good idea to get the Garmin light to have it come on and off with the computer. When/if that feature does work, it drains the battery because it disconnects repeatedly then defaults to high beam.
initially i was also 鈥榓gainst鈥 using a handlebar mount that came with my bike computer 鈥

if you search around online you鈥檒l find some folks that 3D print stuff like this 鈥 you might find a mount thats more ideal for your needs that you wont find commercially made by the brands out there .. do a search for MagCAD

i ultimately ended up liking the aero mount that came with my bolt, it went on with less effort than I thought, little tight fit but clears everything and the computer is dead center with the bike center when mounted
1 - 19 of 19 Posts