Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Garmin Mount

I bought a Garmin Edge 25 and now am looking for a mount for it.
I see that K Edge is the most popular.....and Garmin makes one of their own. Just wondering what the Garmin users here are using ?
Whats your favorite Garmin mount ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It should have come with a mount,the one that rubber bands to the bar/stem
I've got 2 garmin out front mounts,1 on the road bike and 1 on a mtb, then 2 more of the rubber band style mounted on 2 more mtb's, they all work perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
It looks to be the same mount used for the 810,

I use Velo Endeavors mounts, purchased thru Amazon, $14.95.

They work just fine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have said I was looking for an "Out Front" mount.
It will come with a stem mount but that's where I grab my bike most of the time.
Would like an Out Front mount.

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
I've used just about every one. They all work fine. I'm not real fond of the Garmin one. It's big bulky and heavy compared to the others.
The early K-edge ones were all aluminum. The aluminum clips would wear out the notches on the Garmin. They've switched to a plastic insert model but sometimes you see old ones that are all aluminum. Don't get that one.

Sram has a nice one that's pretty sleek. Comes in long and short.
SRAM Quickview handlebar computer mount for Edge Garmin Road bike or MTB | eBay

If you like a little color. My GF has this one in red.... cause it matches her bike.
Blue Garmin Edge Mount 200/500/510/800/810/1000 fits Handlebar 31.8mm GPS Bike | eBay

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
The K-Edge are blingy...but TBH the BarFly is better functionally and in price, at least for all units with bottom-side-USB ports

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I have Garmin Sram and K edge. The K-Edge is the nicest I think, the Sram can be found the least expensive. They all have worked fine for me, no issues with any of them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just bought the K edge out front mount and love it. This particular model lowers the computer so its level with the stem vs. above as the stock Garmin mount does. I like the look better being lower...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I use the BarFly SLi-D Mount as it holds my Garmin, headlight and Di2 junction box which moves everything off my bars and stem. It's the perfect setup for me as I use my lights on all rides.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts