Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and? :confused:

cool news - Gary's a rad dude.
Can't stand G.F. The whole "I invented the mountain bike!" thing, his lack of fashion sense, his sell-out to Trek.....

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Can't stand G.F. The whole "I invented the mountain bike!" thing, his lack of fashion sense, his sell-out to Trek.....
I dunno...he seems OK to me. I'd sell out also if someone was wanting to buy what I was selling. :D

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Was he on the Lifecylcle ride when you did it? The year I rode, he'd take off, get to the rest stops before they were open, help set up, take off again - repeat. He'd also help set up tents once he finished riding for the day. Good guy.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Was he on the Lifecylcle ride when you did it? The year I rode, he'd take off, get to the rest stops before they were open, help set up, take off again - repeat. He'd also help set up tents once he finished riding for the day. Good guy.
What Snap says. I've met him twice. I liked him. Congrats

Len

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts

Congrats to the happy couple.

I don't understand the hatred. AFAIK the 'inventor of the mountain bike' is a platitude thrust upon him. Compare and contrast to 'I'm the only clean TdF winner in, like evar' from another popular Trek sellout.

The Gary Fisher I met at NAHBS was one of the most personable, friendly sorts I've ever come across. OK, so maybe the spats were over-the-top, but I admire his willingness to have fun with his public persona.

·
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats to the happy couple.

I don't understand the hatred. AFAIK the 'inventor of the mountain bike' is a platitude thrust upon him. Compare and contrast to 'I'm the only clean TdF winner in, like evar' from another popular Trek sellout.

The Gary Fisher I met at NAHBS was one of the most personable, friendly sorts I've ever come across. OK, so maybe the spats were over-the-top, but I admire his willingness to have fun with his public persona.
I admit that I've never actually met him. I can only base my feelings about him on what I've read. Ultimately, I doubt that it matters to him at all what I think about him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts