Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No dirt content here. Just had to tell you about meeting Gary Fisher last Sunday at the MWBA fundraiser in Pasadena. http://www.mwba.org/

We had the bambina in hand and Gary went right into describing the pros and cons of all the different child carriers on the market. Trailers, rear seats, top tube seats and so on. He was really enthusiastic and clearly had tried almost everything out there in order to get his own kid on wheels.

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FWIW, he mentioned that trailers with suspensions make a difference.

Gary is also a big proponent of community groups and practical cycling, and couldn't say enough good things about the LA Bicycle Coalition and the potential for cycling in such a large city.

We really enjoyed the one on one and if you have a chance to meet him sometime then by all means do!

They also screened Billy Savage's film "Klunkerz" about the origins of mountain biking up around Mt. Tam. It's a great documentary if you're into cycling culture...

http://www.klunkerz.com/

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
GF is the man.

That's a suprisingly low-key outfit for him.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
gf is loco... at SSWC05 he got heckled and IIRC someone took his bike at the start, too many of those purple Rigs (mighta been someone else)

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
FatTireFred said:
gf is loco... at SSWC05 he got heckled
Who would heckle the Fish?

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
FatTireFred said:
seriously... how the F would I know???
Geez. :rolleyes: You seemed to know about GF being heckled and by a specific group of riders. It's not such an absurd question. Chill out, dude.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Pablo said:
Geez. :rolleyes: You seemed to know about GF being heckled and by a specific group of riders. It's not such an absurd question. Chill out, dude.

I saw it, but didn't know what was going on in their heads... my mind-reading power must not have been working that day nearly 3 yrs ago, sorry... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
FatTireFred said:
I saw it, but didn't know what was going on in their heads... my mind-reading power must not have been working that day nearly 3 yrs ago, sorry... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You're an absolute charicature of your own subtitle.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
this is fascinating. how did GF react when heckled? could you estimate the number of SS hecklers as well as their subset? ie. were they old school SS'ers of the mpls mafia variety or were they new school of the full on custom GPS/HRM enabled XC racer geek variety? were the heckles in the form of words or just sounds?

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
blackhat said:
this is fascinating. how did GF react when heckled? could you estimate the number of SS hecklers as well as their subset? ie. were they old school SS'ers of the mpls mafia variety or were they new school of the full on custom GPS/HRM enabled XC racer geek variety? were the heckles in the form of words or just sounds?
That's what I was getting at. I'm still curious. Prepare to recieve irrational criticisms.

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh gosh!

Hollywood said:
cool! I wanted to make it out to the MTB ride and raffle on Sunday. Keith Bontrager RODE down to the event from the Bay area. Makes it kinda tough to flake out after hearing that :(
Sheesh - just about everyone's a flake compared with KB. Flakes unite!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts