Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an argument with my brother recently, over what is the gayest band ever. He claims it's the Red Hot Chile Peppers, but I dont think they're even close. All I could find on the web was that Abba's Dancing Queen was named gayest song ever (again, not even close in my opinion). So what do you guys and giirls think? It's obviously a tough award to win, with some serious competition.

·
E Plurbus Elvis
1,055 Posts
Define Gay

Gay could mean a lot of things.
The gayest, as in leather-chaps-bathhouse-towel-boy gay, band is probably the Village People.
The gayest, as in we're-so-pretty-it-hurts gay, band is probably Poison.
The gayest, as in my-those-are-some-fashionable-young-men gay, band is probably Frankie Goes to Hollywood.
The gayest, as in thank-God-these-toolbags-won't-reproduce gay, band is probably Culture Club.
But, the gayest, as in I-think-I-left-my-balls-in-my-girlfriend's-purse gay, band has got to be the Dave Mathews Band.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
Are we talking gayest as in they are actually gay?

Black ***, The Clicks, Tegan and Sarah, Pansy Division, Limp Wrist, Le Tigre....

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
lamest thread ever.

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
What do you mean by 'gay'?

All members of a band are gay - Indigo Girls, The Dan Band, Kajagoogoo, Rufus Wainwright?
The main members of a band are gay - Queen, Judas Priest, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Scissor Sisters?
Their music is 'gay' - Hootie and the Blowfish, Peter Frampton, almost any other band you don't like?

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Well, it is hard not to nominate boy bands from New Kids on the Block to N' Sync to Backstreet Boys.

Aesthetically, I can't ignore Duran Duran.

Stylistically, I can't ignore Manhattan Transfer.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
when i saw the thread title, Poison came to mind. But... maybe it should be Right Said Fred.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
JayTee said:
Well, it is hard not to nominate boy bands from New Kids on the Block to N' Sync to Backstreet Boys.
If we go by the "has at least one gay member" rule, N'Sync is in the running.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts