Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I went ahead and bought this year's subscription. The two races this weekend Tour du Var and UAE are on there and you have the option to watch the stages/races after they are over. It appears they have this coverage for all the Italian races and most of the Spanish races. Catalonia is the only one it appears they don't the rights to stream to the US. Also they don't have la Vuelta as NBC has the rights to it.
It appears you can watch races on your own timing. They also have a bunch of their own programing that covers a few different categories like training, tech, and adventure. For a little over $25 (there are taxes) for this year, I think it's worth it. Not sure it'll be worth it after this year for me personally.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I went ahead and bought this year's subscription. The two races this weekend Tour du Var and UAE are on there and you have the option to watch the stages/races after they are over. It appears they have this coverage for all the Italian races and most of the Spanish races. Catalonia is the only one it appears they don't the rights to stream to the US. Also they don't have la Vuelta as NBC has the rights to it.
It appears you can watch races on your own timing. They also have a bunch of their own programing that covers a few different categories like training, tech, and adventure. For a little over $25 (there are taxes) for this year, I think it's worth it. Not sure it'll be worth it after this year for me personally.

Is it a raw feed? Is there commentary in English?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Is it a raw feed? Is there commentary in English?
Sorry Tour du Var is highlights not full race, but the highlights are in English for that one.

However, I've heard there isn't a full broadcast of that race that anyone can actually find.

Classica Almeria is full race (can watch full race in replay) and it's English commentary. They said English Eurosport through GCN.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just watched Stage 1 of the UAE Tour n GCN+. It was “on demand” and worked well. It took 2 tries to get it to start up but worked fine afterward. The quality was excellent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Watching the UAE tour in the morning this week live. While doing my indoor cycling seasons. The films will be good too to watch while riding.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I’ve had some glitches with reliability, like no coverage for the 9K of a stage 4 sprint stage... Saturday kicks off The Classics, so I’ll be on GCN+ plenty on the weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hot mess. Not a GCN+ fan ATM. No Omloop at all and without warning, the app says replay is available. It is most definitely NOT available. Turns out Flobikes has the race. Tech trouble in Kuurne, the live feed sh*t the bed apparently, I’m watching the replay, which crashed 3 times before running reliably (knock wood, 16K to go).

·
Registered
771 Posts
As the quest for profit at all costs diminishes customer satisfaction on all and everything from healthcare to tv and everywhere in between ain't we exceptional. F it, no more pennies on this inferior crap ....

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I decided to sign up right as the offer was getting ready to expire. In the end I thought "Its only $25"

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Count me as another person that abandoned Flowbikes to move to GCN+. Looking forward to watching my favorite races like Strade Bianche, Milan San Remo, and the Giro live without searching around the net. I need to figure out what they have for the Ardennes, if anything though. Like everyone else, I catch the TdF and Vuelta on cable without much hassle, so this is exciting for me.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Count me as another person that abandoned Flowbikes to move to GCN+. Looking forward to watching my favorite races like Strade Bianche, Milan San Remo, and the Giro live without searching around the net. I need to figure out what they have for the Ardennes, if anything though. Like everyone else, I catch the TdF and Vuelta on cable without much hassle, so this is exciting for me.
I tried it the other day. My approach was to use Chromecast to my tv. The title appeared on my TV, things went dark and it just hung. I tried it several times with no success. Any tricks to try?

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I tried it the other day. My approach was to use Chromecast to my tv. The title appeared on my TV, things went dark and it just hung. I tried it several times with no success. Any tricks to try?
I watched Le Samyn on my laptop last night without issue. It worked great. I haven't tried pushing it to the tv or anything like that yet though.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
It looks like they have La Fleche Wallonne and Liege Bastogne Liege too! I'm digging that.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I watched Le Samyn on my laptop last night without issue. It worked great. I haven't tried pushing it to the tv or anything like that yet though.
I tried it again tonight - running through Chromecast - and it worked without issue. No idea why it didn't work last time. I didn't do anything differently

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
I’ve been casting from my phone to the TV. It dropped out 5 times today. Not a huge deal, I could reload it and skim back to where it cut out. Picture was fabulous.

Reactions: Wetworks
21 - 40 of 45 Posts