Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Just introducing myself, been reading for a while in the back ground trying to get back upto speed with today's bikes, parts, and everything cycling in general really. So far have learned a lot, and it's been great reading.

A little on me. Used to ride the road as a kid in my early to late teens, and really enjoyed wrenching on my own, and my friends bikes too during those years. Then there was the cliche tragic tale of wasted youth.

My life changed when I met this girl who is now my wife, and we now have two priceless children. Looking into their eyes everyday made me realise that I need to be around for a lot longer to make sure they have what they need in their lives. So after 15 years of smoking, I had my last one seven weeks ago.

Now I need to drop some weight and get some breath back. A mix of diet, cycling, skipping, and hi rep weights sessions throughout the week is the plan. Got about 25 kgs to loose.

My wife and I decided to reward myself for quitting smoking with the purchase of a new bike. And after reading massive amounts of text, I now own a 2013 CAAD 10 - 5. From the information I found, I thought this to be a great bike for the money, and more than enough bike for me. The last bike I seriously rode was SLX tubed Italian steel.

Got fitted at two different bike shops, long story, and got a 54 ordered in for me. Can't believe the engineering that has gone into these tubes, one trick pile of aluminium for sure.

Got lots more reading to do to catch up, and a few bits and pieces to source before I hit the road, shoes, computer, pedals etc.

Regards, CAAD Rider.

·
Too slow to be smart
506 Posts
Something I have started to wonder after listening to a radio show hosted by an Aussie last week...Did you have to type .au to get to this website or was it just .com?

I promise to be constructive from now on out.

Good luck on the lifestyle changes!

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Good on you. I've been there. Keep it up.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Sounds like you have got a strong start to a life long addiction. Thank goodness you kicked the smoking habit. The CAAD line is an incredible bike. Congratulations on that! I have a feeling you will be riding for many years to come. Maybe you could post some pictures from your rides here on roadbikereview. I for one would like to see some pics of Australia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.