Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sick of the cluttered mess in my car from post workout rides. Anyone recommend a good quality gear bag for cycling. Said bag should be.....

DURABLE (no cheap zippers that fall apart and break)
Compartments for Helmet, shoes, dirty clothes, water bottles, etc...
Plenty of small compartments for glasses, bike computer, wallets, keys, cell phones...

Seen way too many bags that say they are for cycling, but were just re badged duffel bags at a premium price. If you have ever seen a great quality tri bag or swiss gear lap top bag, you will know what I mean..... I have an Undermer gym bag that I literally can't destroy (notgood for cycling though, no compartments :-(

Saw a craft training bag that seems trendy, but is it well made and would it hold up to the strain....

Any suggestions.....

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.....keep them coming. Really looking for something people have used and it has stood up. The tri bags are great, but looking more cycling more than a bag cycling down from the car to transition.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a Mountainsmith Bike Cube. It has 3 parts sections. One part for helmet, one for shoes and tools, and one for clothes and glasses. There are even vents for drying wet items. it's really well made. You can buy a duffle bag to hold 2 cubes in case you have a lot of stuff. approx. $40.

·
I didn't even own a cat..
594 Posts
I use a box. I can keep things all together and I'm not worried about putting something dirty in them. My sunglasses go in my helmet as does my computer. I can replace the box when it gets beat up. It's cheap and easy to haul.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use the Craft Training Bag. It holds all my gear in the winter and has excess room in the summer. It is well built and I believe will hold up for many years ( I have yet to obtain that amount of time so can not quantify the exact life span).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts