Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all
thanks for my response to my last thread about bottom brackets .My next question is this as i have an old Bianchi bike with old gear lever type mounting on the down tube is there any way i can convert to the new sti levers and brakes conbined or do i have to stick with the old style levers .Is there an adapter that can be used on the old brazed on threads or am i stuffed on this one . please help

thanks sammy

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
sammy36 said:
thanks for my response to my last thread about bottom brackets .My next question is this as i have an old Bianchi bike with old gear lever type mounting on the down tube is there any way i can convert to the new sti levers and brakes conbined or do i have to stick with the old style levers .Is there an adapter that can be used on the old brazed on threads or am i stuffed on this one . please help
First, a request for you. It sure would make it a lot easier to read your posts if you used punctuation and capitalization. I know it saves you a LOT of time, but it makes it hard on the reader. Just a common courtesy.

I hope you recognize that along with getting new shifters, you will probably need new derailleurs, most likely a new rear wheel and cassette. new chain, and probably need to have your frame bent open to take the wider rear wheel. These projects are seldom cost justified.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
sorry about my grammer wasn't very good in school ,But if it bugs you then hey what can i say but sorry. My frame is 130mm measured between the dropouts,I thought this was the standard these days to fit a 10spd cassette? So realy dont think there should be a problem (i hope) I only have the frame so i am sourcing the campag parts, ,just a project to work on .I have also found out the frame is an italian thread 70mm ,I have heard thes brackets can work loose but if i keep my eye on it should be ok.

Thanks no grammer Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.