Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious..im taking it in at around 100k anyway, but my bike when in the hardest gear (20?) the chain guide i think is hitting the chain, also does it in the 10th? but the shifts seem to be "clunky" from 17-20 i think....not as smooth as what i think it should,im htinking 17-18 is the worst....ill pay attention next time..

its a full ultegra scott s10,

any ideas?

phats

· Registered
21,834 Posts
Chain guide?

phatkid77 said:
just curious..im taking it in at around 100k anyway, but my bike when in the hardest gear (20?) the chain guide i think is hitting the chain, also does it in the 10th? but the shifts seem to be "clunky" from 17-20 i think....not as smooth as what i think it should,im htinking 17-18 is the worst....ill pay attention next time..

any ideas?
By "chain guide" do you mean the front derailleur cage? If so, then it probably means either a slight tweak to the upper limit screw, maybe just a twist of the cable tension adjuster, or even a click on the lever to make use of the "trim" position.

Don't refer to some synthetic concept of "gear number" but tell us specifically which size chain ring and which cog (smallest, largest, second to smallest, etc.) and cog teeth. It sounds like maybe your drive train could use a tuneup. Go to the Park Tools web site for tutorials on adjusting front and rear derailleurs.

And just curious, but are you saying you're going to take your bike to the shop after 62 miles of use (100 km) or are you taking it in after 100,000 miles of use (100K)? :)

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LMAO...100000...no 100km...hahaha, thanks derailer cage it is... and its the last 3 SMALL ones...lol,
i didnt want to sound like i dont know anything by saying big and small...lol, but i do know nothing..

phats

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.