Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/ girls.. (long-time browser, first time poster),

So I just received a Selle Italia Prolink Light Gel-Flow (with cutout) saddle when I ordered a Genuine Gel (non-cutout) model.. This came from a place in the U.S. and I'm in Canada so returning/ exchanging would be a hassle and possibly a long wait! (I need a new saddle *bad*) The genuine gel/ non-cutout version was recommended to me so that's what I ordered.. now I'm not sure what to do - anyone have any experience/ suggestions? I don't think riding it for a few weeks and returning it if doesn't work-out is an option..

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Some questions

-who recommended that model to you, and why?

-what saddle were/are you riding, and do you like it?

-if so, which of the 2 models is most similar to your old one in basic shape?

-if not, which one is different in a way that you'd possibly find helpful?

If you haven't ridden either of these models, and haven't done this sort of analysis, there's no telling whether either of them would be comfortable. A saddle is the most individual component, and a recommendation by another rider, no matter how knowledgeable and experienced, isn't worth much, because everybody's butt is different.

If you'll say something about what's worked (or not) for you in the past, some folks here might be able to help.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Pedro said:
Hey guys/ girls.. (long-time browser, first time poster),

So I just received a Selle Italia Prolink Light Gel-Flow (with cutout) saddle when I ordered a Genuine Gel (non-cutout) model.. This came from a place in the U.S. and I'm in Canada so returning/ exchanging would be a hassle and possibly a long wait! (I need a new saddle *bad*) The genuine gel/ non-cutout version was recommended to me so that's what I ordered.. now I'm not sure what to do - anyone have any experience/ suggestions? I don't think riding it for a few weeks and returning it if doesn't work-out is an option..
If you are ever going to ride in the rain or on wet roads, don't use the cut-out saddle. You'll get wet and really uncomfortable right where you don't want it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm sending it back 'cause turns out it's actually the old/ heavier Prolink anyway which I didnt realise at first.. :rolleyes: My dad recommended the Prolink non-cutout so I figure it might work for me. I recently got a Koobi Enduro which is definitely *not* a good saddle for me.. too wide in back and nose and the cut-out part was causing chafing/ sores. I've got an SLR on the bike now which is in tatters and getting really uncomfortable - I'm too heavy for it now at ~182 lbs (6'2"). I just hope the Prolink Light genuine gel isn't too "squishy" 'cause I like a firmer saddle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts