Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1) does anyone sell or distribute Cyclus tools in the US?

i'm looking for a quality bearing press to replace my Home Depot concocktion. Park's is $$$, and yeah, i can't afford that, but if i'm doing stuff to other folks' bikes, i don't want them to question anything. not the greatest of justifications, but eh.

2) Park's tensionmeter; quality/accuracy, yea or nay?

3) anyone have experience with Joe Young's wheels?

i've been going and for with him on a wheelset for the ride and would like to know if his resume speaks for itself. i just built up my first wheel (for a trials bike) and after a couple weeks, it's still going strong (true-ness). kinda made me want to build up my own wheels for the ride, but i feel i lack the experience and knowledge to build up a wheel to hold up to that kind of abuse.

--edit--

oh yeah, CH Ellis cases. can anyone with experience pass along some info? i just looking for opinions, really. friend has one and i love it. seriously considering one to take with me this summer, so i can have my tools.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Try these people for Cyclus

I bought mine (live in the UK) when it was about $50 USD, excluding VAT. Functionally, works as well as the Park.

Bad news is that the exchange rate's going against you in the worst way at this point in time.

http://www.pacifier.com/~tpaterek/index.htm

This company's located next to United Bicycle Institute. Likely they should be able to hook you up.

For a good look at bike tools, download this pdf file from the Ceeway site in the UK. It's big so I hope you have broadband.

I've bought stuff from them and they're first rate.

http://www.framebuilding.com/

I can't help you on the other questions. Built plenty of wheels and never used a tensionmeter. I've heard good things about Young but again, no personal experience.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's weird, i live about 5 miles from joe young, yet up until a few months ago, i hadn't the slightest idea who he was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts