Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm trying to track down the geometry on my 99 specialized s-works m4 road bike. I've tried google, the specy site (seems to only go back to 05 stuff), and bikepedia.

Figured I can email them, but might get a faster result from some of you who know where to look!

Any help?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

-Adrian

· Premium Member
3,495 Posts
If its not found by google, you're unlikely to find the geometry sheet out there. Perhaps Specialized will dig the information up for you. Otherwise, why don't you measure the various lengths yourself? The angles are hard to measure of course. I bet it isn't so diffferent from a current generation Allez. Are you trying to find a new bike to match the geometry of the old one? You don't really need mm accuracy for that.

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Specy said they'd email back within one business day. Lol been a couple. It's not that high of a priority, but I should actually call em up.

I measured the various lengths myself, they match up pretty damn close on paper. st is same, tt is 2mm different, ht is 5-7mm shorter. All sounds good (honestly, that's REALLY good!), just want to know the angles won't be off by too much.

Thanks though ukbloke! ps, been watching your bike vids for months, very cool stuff!

-Adrian

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Response (Don) 07/03/2010 05:27 PM
Dear Adrian,

I sorry it is taken so long to back to you. The reason why its taken so long is because our records are incomplete, and I have not had much luck in tracking down Geo specs . I am hopping to hear back from our product manger on this Tuesday, and should have answer to your question by then. We hope you understand our position. Thank you again for contacting us.

Please feel free to contact me at the phone number and extension listed below if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Don
(877) 808-8154 Ext. 7740

Not lookin' too good for me. Damnit!

:(

· Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
redmr2_man said:
Response (Don) 07/03/2010 05:27 PM
Dear Adrian,

I sorry it is taken so long to back to you. The reason why its taken so long is because our records are incomplete, and I have not had much luck in tracking down Geo specs . I am hopping to hear back from our product manger on this Tuesday, and should have answer to your question by then. We hope you understand our position. Thank you again for contacting us.

Please feel free to contact me at the phone number and extension listed below if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Don
(877) 808-8154 Ext. 7740

Not lookin' too good for me. Damnit!

:(
All is not lost... yet. To Don's credit, he responded on a Saturday evening over a holiday weekend. I suggest sending off a short email thanking him and mentioning that you will await his response and if you don't hear back by Wednesday or Thursday, you'll call. JMO's.

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Don got back to me and I'm happy to say I've got all the info I need!

56cm frame
Standover 824mm
Top Tube Length 565mm
Head Tube Length 159mm
HTA/STA 73/73*
Wheelbase 984mm
Chainstay 405mm
Fork Offset 40mm

For anyone who was searching and needed reference numbers.

-Adrian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.