Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Geometry Data for Lemond Victoire

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  teleguy57 
#1 ·
Hi, I have an opportunity to buy a 05 or 06 (not sure) Lemond Victoire (Ti-Carbon) size 53 cm, but can't find a geometry chart anywhere. I know the top tube is 54.5 cm but would like to know the seat angle and head tube angle measurements. Anyone with a geometry chart will be highly appreciated. Thanks!!!

#5 ·
I had an 05' Lemond Versailes (steel/carbon spine design) in 53cm. Im 5'6, it was way too big for me. the lemonds are a weird fit for a bike. Id ride it first for a lengthy test ride just to make sure. Theyre really nice bikes but they are a strange fit so be sure. I actually sold mine to a friend and he absolutely loves it. The bike looks great with brooks saddle/bartape and some gumwall tires.

#6 ·
I'm 5'9" and have a small Giant TCR (53.5 tt) and a medium TCR (55.5 tt) and the 53 cm Victoire is 55.4tt so I'm guessing I'll be ok on that size. I feel a little stretched on the medium TCR with a 100mm stem... maybe the Victoire with a 100mm stem will fit me the same as the small TCR ( I use a 110mm stem) :) I'll let you know if I test the bike.

#7 ·
Hopefully you can read it here

If not, send me a PM and email address and I'll sent it to you.

musicociclista said:
Hi, I have an opportunity to buy a 05 or 06 (not sure) Lemond Victoire (Ti-Carbon) size 53 cm, but can't find a geometry chart anywhere. I know the top tube is 54.5 cm but would like to know the seat angle and head tube angle measurements. Anyone with a geometry chart will be highly appreciated. Thanks!!!

#8 ·
51 would be probably best

I'm 66.5" with a 30" cycling inseam and ride a 51cm Maillot Jaune. It fits perfectly with a 100mm stem. I find them (Lemond's) to be fairly conventional in their geometry as it relates to relative lengths between TT and ST, angles, etc. If the shop told you a 53 was the right size, one wonders about their fitting knowledge unless your proportions are really unusual. Hope you got most of you investment back. What's the replacement?

B15serv said:
I had an 05' Lemond Versailes (steel/carbon spine design) in 53cm. Im 5'6, it was way too big for me. the lemonds are a weird fit for a bike. Id ride it first for a lengthy test ride just to make sure. Theyre really nice bikes but they are a strange fit so be sure. I actually sold mine to a friend and he absolutely loves it. The bike looks great with brooks saddle/bartape and some gumwall tires.

#9 · (Edited)
boneman said:
I'm 66.5" with a 30" cycling inseam and ride a 51cm Maillot Jaune. It fits perfectly with a 100mm stem. I find them (Lemond's) to be fairly conventional in their geometry as it relates to relative lengths between TT and ST, angles, etc. If the shop told you a 53 was the right size, one wonders about their fitting knowledge unless your proportions are really unusual. Hope you got most of you investment back. What's the replacement?

According with the Lemond info I've found (thanks Stogaguy!!!), a 5'6" rider will ride a 51cm.

#10 ·
Traditional Lemond geometry with slack angles, long top tube, is different from most bikes and not a straight up comparison to your other bikes, and you ougth to ride one first.

I had a 53cm Lemond Alpe d'Huez, and nothing wrong with the bike except the geometry wasn't right for me; but I have friends who love theirs going back to Lemond after trying Lightspeeds, Treks, Canondale, Cervelo.

#12 · (Edited)
Wow, some of you fit really small frames! I'm 6"0" saddle height at 78.1 cm per high quality fit session, and I'm very comfortable on a 59 cm spine. Running my seat all the way back on a 20mm setback post, with a 120mm -7 stem using 20mm of spacers for a 5-6 cm saddle-bar drop.

The chart would have me on a 55 or 57, albeit with a +17 stem. I can't imagine going smaller as the SA gets steeper and the stem rise would require a much longer stem to keep the reach I have now. Hmmmm.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.