Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im a very small person, looking to see if i can switch from my current pedalforce rs2(with a 100mm stem) to a tarmac pro

Here are the details

pedalforce rs2 44cm
top tube 515mm
STA 74.5*

tarmac pro 49cm
top tube 518mm
STA 75,5*

Taking into account that a steeper seat angle results in a longer top tube , that mean the tarmac toptube is actually 528mm when compared to the RS2.

Need advices.
Thanks

·
Descender
1,940 Posts
If your meaurement of the TT's is correct, you have 3mm of difference. This is not a big deal but you need to know if you like the reach difference providing you use the same stem.

What may be of concern to you is the seat setback from one frame to the other - measure and see if there is a difference there - and figure out how to get it as close / comfortable as you can to your existing bike - unless of course there are things you want to improve from your current ride - define those and make sure the new frame will accomplish those improvements.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
For every degree of STA change, there's about a 1cm change in reach, so with the numbers you provided, the Tarmac will have a little over 1cm additional reach.

I agree with pdh777 that if your goal is to maintain current +/- KOPS position, saddle position will need to be adjusted rearward slightly on the Tarmac.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
PJ352 said:
For every degree of STA change, there's about a 1cm change in reach, so with the numbers you provided, the Tarmac will have a little over 1cm additional reach.

I agree with pdh777 that if your goal is to maintain current +/- KOPS position, saddle position will need to be adjusted rearward slightly on the Tarmac.

a bit less on such a small bike...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts