Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
bah. looks to me like he was just off the bus and ready for an interview. almost like he didnt know there was a camera to look into or something.

also, the guy they had been working so hard for dropped out before the start, so he might have had a little "whats the use if the guy wins stages and then leaves" thing goin on.

having a fan question about lance probably didnt help.

·
haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
weltyed said:
bah. looks to me like he was just off the bus and ready for an interview. almost like he didnt know there was a camera to look into or something.

also, the guy they had been working so hard for dropped out before the start, so he might have had a little "whats the use if the guy wins stages and then leaves" thing goin on.

having a fan question about lance probably didnt help.
Everyone knew Cav was highly unlikely to make it to Paris. Freire pretty much sealed the deal for green yesterday.

I can't blame Hincapie for being tired. But he didn't seem annoyed at all by the question about whether he'd talked with Lance.

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
still doesnt change the fact he worked like a dog and Cav dropped out, whether they knew he would or not. its only natural to feel a bit let down when you work so hard for someone else. that pertains to eother cav or armstrong.

jorgy said:
Everyone knew Cav was highly unlikely to make it to Paris. Freire pretty much sealed the deal for green yesterday.

I can't blame Hincapie for being tired. But he didn't seem annoyed at all by the question about whether he'd talked with Lance.

·
haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
weltyed said:
still doesnt change the fact he worked like a dog and Cav dropped out, whether they knew he would or not. its only natural to feel a bit let down when you work so hard for someone else. that pertains to eother cav or armstrong.
I just don't see it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
George knew, and commented to Frankie in a previous interview, that the Team was looking for stage wins over a real serious contending at the GC by Kim Kirchen...

I don't think George is disappointed, I think he worked hard, did "more" than his job requirements, and will now be rewarded by still going for some stage wins on top of the 4 wins Cav got... Not every stage is gonna go to either the climbers, or the sprinters....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.