Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GeoCyclist
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my first ride in Sicily today. My bikes are still in transit from Bahrain, so I rented a road bike and went for a ride up the volcano (Etna) today. Yes, mount Etna is going to provide for numerous hours of fun cycling! I started my ride in the town of Motta Saint Anastasia that is located near the city of Catania at 200 metres above sea level. My ride took me up to about 600 metres above sea level before I started a nice long curving decent to the plain of Catania. I only managed a few photos today, as I was busy navigating new territory. My ride took me through the towns of Belpasso, Nicolosi, Mascalucia, and Misterbianco; you can find all these on Google Earth. The ride was just over 50 km with 785 metres of climbing. Once I get a bike I can trust, I’ll venture further up the volcano. I’ve been told there are paved roads up to >2000 metres elevation.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Man, I'm looking forward to some great ride reports.

The riding has to be way way better than Bahrain aka No-Rain.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Great stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.