Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
...?
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have a totally random song pop into your head that you hate? And have no idea what made you start singing it? I was doing dishes at work today (I prefer it to dealing with customers), when a freaking Backstreet Boys song is stuck in my head. The F'n Backstreet Boys. WTF?? I havn't even heard one of there songs in years. I kept trying to sing other songs, but nothing worked. It was such a relief to get out of work and turn on my iPod.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
If you like pina coladas and gettin' caught in the rain.....

Met my old lover in the grocery store, the snow was falling Christmas eve....

HTH

·
yup
2,726 Posts
<div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:480px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/456a15f639/the-procedure-with-willem-dafoe-will-ferrell-from-adam-ghost-panther-mckay" title="from Adam "Ghost Panther" McKay">The Procedure, with Willem Dafoe & WIll Ferrell</a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/adam_mckay">Adam "Ghost Panther" McKay</a></div>

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Fortunately, my earworm affliction seems to be limited to fusion-infused jazz, which I like, seeing as I am two black men playing drums doubled over in a confused white man’s body, and so when I “hear” these awesome Billy Cobham tunes over and over again, I feel all warm and fuzzy. Some say I am crazy.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
My daughter has an iCarly show soundtrack and was playing Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" before a 4 hour ride on Saturday. 4 freakin' hours of that crap swirling around my noggin! I kept pedaling faster to get home sooner so I could do a cerebral cleanse of that mess.

·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
A good workout will usually clear that right up. Just go to your local Y - M - C - A. It's fun to go to the Y - M - C - A ....

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
someone i work with trapped me in her car and was playing "tshirt and panties." i had ever heard that song before.

that night i was on a 90 minute CX trail ride and couldnt get that chorus outta my head.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
it's a world of laughter, a world or tears
its a world of hopes, its a world of fear
theres so much that we share
that its time we're aware
its a small world after all

its a small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to everyone.
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small small world

its a small, small world

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsKO_r76kfQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Aw, dammit! Fredke for the win!

I'm so glad my kids are all way past that age now.

·
The Cube
1,113 Posts
my back-up "song that I stick in my head to push out the song that I don't want stuck in my head" is Man on the Moon by REM.

if that doesn't work, I punch myself in the gut every time the offending song emerges, and after 4-5 times, it usually stops.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts