Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drop down ads are driving me nuts! They keep getting in my way. What's this firefox thing? I currently run AOL on DSL can I use it in conjunction?

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
zeytin said:
The drop down ads are driving me nuts! They keep getting in my way. What's this firefox thing? I currently run AOL on DSL can I use it in conjunction?
Yes, you should be able to use FF with AOL. Just launch and connect to AOL as usual then minimize it and launch FF to surf.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
zeytin said:
Teh J's is all ate-up with pop-ups, even after running all that shizzy the fellas said to run.

:( :( :( :rolleyes: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
I was like, who did I po this time???

Moving ads mega bite me!

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spyderman said:
I was like, who did I po this time???

Moving ads mega bite me!

LOL, sorry Spyderman!
Thanks everyone, I'm going to try to dowload it and get it running this weekend.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
zeytin said:
I agree...whenever I hit this site in IE there are certain ads that render the top section unusable...you can't log in. It slows things way down. I realize they have to make $$, but come on...get rid of this stuff. I reported it in Site Feedback...not sure if they ever responded.

//edit...nope...no feedback in Site Feedback forum on this. Guess the $$ they get are better than the frustration IE users face. They can tell their advertisers that use these ads that even if I was gonna buy a service from them the banner ads have convinced me otherwise. Nobody that uses such annoying ad tactics will get a dollar from me.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Shooting themselves in the foot...

Bocephus Jones II said:
I agree...whenever I hit this site in IE there are certain ads that render the top section unusable...you can't log in. It slows things way down. I realize they have to make $$, but come on...get rid of this stuff. I reported it in Site Feedback...not sure if they ever responded.

//edit...nope...no feedback in Site Feedback forum on this. Guess the $$ they get are better than the frustration IE users face. They can tell their advertisers that use these ads that even if I was gonna buy a service from them the banner ads have convinced me otherwise. Nobody that uses such annoying ad tactics will get a dollar from me.
They'll get rid of it when they find out it drives people away. When I come across a site that has some annoying moving ad I leave and leave it alone in future.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
rogger said:
They'll get rid of it when they find out it drives people away. When I come across a site that has some annoying moving ad I leave and leave it alone in future.
I switched to using Firefox with Adblock and some of those dropdown ads still get partially loaded before adblock kills em....bad news.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts