Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was going to get a giant bowery, but im just pissed at them, its been over a month and still no bike, so im going to tell the bike shop that i dont want to get it any more..

so i guess i am going to look for a used bike, but the problem is im about 6' 2-3" and im not sure what size frame i should get

anyone happen to have a good deal on a bike in my size, thats not some gay color :p

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the giant came is s, m l, xl, and the shop was like.. umm just get an xl, whitch covers like 63-like 68 or something, who knows

alot of bikes are more commonly around 58, so i dont know what to get.

more so the reason i posted this is that if anyone knows where to get a good used bike from or has one around, i would apreciate it

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you think i will be good on a 58 or so cm? i know very little about road bike sizing..

i was thinking of ordering one off ebay or looking around at something i could buy/fix up.. i am moreso wandering what size constraints i will be looking at

· Registered
1,006 Posts
tamu said:
so you think i will be good on a 58 or so cm? i know very little about road bike sizing.. i am moreso wandering what size constraints i will be looking at
I'm only guessing at the 58 because you said you ordered an XL Giant, and 58 is "sort of" in the range of sizes that that frame size supposedly includes. If it were me, I'd probably pop the $65 for a professional fitting before I went any further and actually spent real money. I had the guys at Nelo's Pro Cycles in Austin size me up a few years ago, and it took the guesswork out of every bike purchase since (and there have been several). It was about an hour-long process and I now have a printout that includes all of my relevant physical measurements, and the recommended dimensions for a road, track, and mountain frame, including crankarm length and stem reach/rise. As long as I don't shrink or grow, I'll never buy the wrong size frame again. Oh, and if you buy a bike through Nelo's, they refund the fitting fee. Honestly, it's one of the best cycling investments I've made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.