Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Life, of course, is always complicated, and the strange semi-public nature of this place confounds me.

I'm sure you all know someone who doesn't understand the sincerity of friendships based on an intarweb forum where half of the talk is being stabbed in the liverz, which hasn't happened very much lately -- I suppose that's a tribute to Scotty being a real-life lawyer these days.

But, in any case, I'd been with my girlfriend for quite some time, and late last year I told you I'd decided it was time to move on.

You may be less surprised than I am that, after a lot of thinking (and, I suppose, feeling) about the matter, her and I ended up deciding that life is better off lived together, than apart.

There was never any drama about it, we're not one of those on-again-off-again always-fighting couples. We are quite different in a lot of ways, but different doesn't mean incompatible, I'm learning. We had some serious talks about big kid stuff -- what we, you know, wanted overall in life -- and THOSE things are all quite similar. We (rented) a house together, and it's been going great.

And, yet, part of me thinks, meh, "what's the lawnje going to think, I just told them all of the reasons I was concerned that it WOULDN'T work!"

Life is strange sometimes, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Darn, I was hoping you were going to tell us you are getting back together with Gut!

BTW sounds good, you going to get married any time soon?

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
MB1 said:
Darn, I was hoping you were going to tell us you are getting back together with Gut!
oh yeah, we're ALL anxiously awaiting the story about that reunion... :rolleyes:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
good thing you didnt stab her in the liverz.

when it comes down to it, what us moreons think doesn't matter. how it works out for you does.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The M-word

MB1 said:

BTW sounds good, you going to get married any time soon?
Everything you say sounds more positive now, what with your new avatar and all.

No, probably no plans on marriage anytime soon. I've never been terribly "conventional," and I'm not sure that particular piece of paper would add anything to our lives.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
As long as she doens't nix the H&B, I'd guess the Lounge would be supportive of the get-back-together. :thumbsup:

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
MB1 said:
you going to get married any time soon?
If you change your mind about marriage, MB1 is suddenly going to have a lot of time on his hands and is pretty handy with a camera.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had a relationship get-back-together once and although we didn't stay together, I was glad I had the extra time with her.

You are right, life is complicated, but if you are happy by all means go for it. Chicks love it when a guy fights to stay them.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Creakyknees said:
is she emo like you?
Oh you know it. :rolleyes:

Though she did just break her black-plastic framed glasses, the new ones are red-anodized aluminum, I don't know if that still counts as "emo."

She might even admit to owning a Paramore album. What can you do.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Argentius said:
And, yet, part of me thinks, meh, "what's the lawnje going to think, I just told them all of the reasons I was concerned that it WOULDN'T work!"

Life is strange sometimes, isn't it?
Who cares what the Lounge thinks? If the Lounge is anything like my family, we probably would give you the wrong advice anyway. My parents thought that my sister's first husband was great and the marriage lasted less than two years; my mother never has been a fan of my wife and Mrs. S and I have been married for over 21 years. But, since you asked, I will give you my opinion anyway. Good relationships need testing. I think that rocky times in the early days and years of a relationship actually may strengthen it even if those rocky times hardly are enjoyable when you are living through them. It is better to think things through before making a long-term commitment, whether it be the M word or something other form of relationship. I wish you well.

Speaking of the M word, the reason that MB1 was asking you about it is that I know that he and Miss M want to give you a large wedding present. Now, when you go to do your bridal registry, skip the Wedgwood and Haviland and Lenox -- go straight for the Waterford. Miss M likes Waterford. :)

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Who cares what anyone else things, especially a bunch of strangers on a pseudo bike riding forum?? If you are concerned about that, then maybe there are deeper issues at hand. Best wishes....get married, have kids, and start contributing to my welfare..hahaha..

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
So, I guess that a set of steak knives would not be a good housewarming present. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creakyknees
is she emo like you?

Oh you know it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.