Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all I need is the braze on mount plate and a front derailleur to have a complete build. My bb and crankset came today.....it will ultimately me all Veloce 10 speed, but as long as I have to share wheels with my Bianchi, the shifters (mirage 9 speed) and rear der. (same) have to stay.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
HAWT!!! What, no red handlebar tape, red saddle, and red tires?? :D Don't worry, there's still time ;)

I'm guessing you'll keep us posted when your build is finished?? :)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't care much for colored tires, besides I am sharing wheels with a Celeste Bianchi for now.....THAT would look ghastly with red tires.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Nice stuff. I love the simplicity of the paint job.

Your saddle is too high.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
I don't care much for colored tires, besides I am sharing wheels with a Celeste Bianchi for now.....THAT would look ghastly with red tires.
I don't like colored tires either. Unless black counts :)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a couple more....

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually those are gray and black tires (pro2 race)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rode it again today....apparently it does NOTHING about the wind.

sheeesh, what good is carbon if the wind affects it (or me)

My braze-on mount plate is in and I am picking it up this evening. As soon as I have it i will order the front derailleur. It'd be nice to be able to shift...LOL...

Well I can shift from the 53 to the 39 with my foot, but i haven't figured out how to go the other way yet.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Red it is, thats for sure, and it sparkles too!

I have 2 red Trek's, Treks need to be red...

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bianchi bob said:
The Leinie Red beer caps are a good touch.
well yeah.......hehehe...thanks...I got em in all different flavors!...My Bianchi (Celeste) has Leinie Oktoberfest on it, The Specialized Langster (gray) has Honey Weise

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
The more I look the more I like it. Is that the original paint? It looks better than most of the trek paintjobs I've seen recently.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
VaughnA said:
The more I look the more I like it. Is that the original paint? It looks better than most of the trek paintjobs I've seen recently.
long story but no, it is custom paint, those are not decals, the TREK is painted too. The 2007 was ONLY available in blue. I have the braze on mount bracket on and it is RIGHT....I will be ordering the front derailleur tonight or tomorrow.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
velodog said:
Have you found the colorforms yet?

no.....they never made them...I am still looking

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
velodog said:
Have you found the colorforms yet?

Best I could come up with....

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Splendid build! I like the red chris king and bottle caps, too. What wheels are you going to use?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
David Loving said:
Splendid build! I like the red chris king and bottle caps, too. What wheels are you going to use?
Thanks....for now, I'm going to have to share the mavic with the veloce hubs that are on there now.......granted the kids could live on less BUT.......I hate to see them move home if I can't buy them stuff once in a while....LOL

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
That's a sweet looking bike!

It's really nice to see a carbon bike with a simple paintjob.

Gonna have to steal yer bottlecap trick for the DeBernardi. Shame there's no good italian beers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts