Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Giant Propel SL and have purchased the giant combo garmin/go pro mount - however, it will not stay tightened.
On more than one occasion that has come loose mid-ride and I have been able to unscrew it by hand and stuff it in the back of my jersey.
The workaround is just using one of Carmen's plastic attachments with elastomers on my stem-however I would like to try and get this amount to work so I can attach my camera as well outfront.
The mechanic at my local shop applied some Loctite-however that didn't help as it came off again mid ride yesterday.
Any suggestions?
I'm open to purchasing another mount if there is one that someone can suggest-however they need to fit my oval-shaped bars on the Propel.

Here is the mount in question:
RideSync/Garmin & GoPro Mount for Contact SLR Aero HBs (Computers) - Bike Gear | Giant Montreal

Here are the bars:
Contact SLR Aero Road Handlebar Black (Handlebars) - Bike Gear | Giant Montreal

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
There's more coming out almost daily.

Back in the day I had to have them custom cnc'ed for me, but they're available now, just look around.

They're even on ebay now probably.

Fetha comes to mind for adjustable ones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the same bars and mount on my TCR SL. I haven't had a problem. Did you use the rubber piece that fits between the bars and mount? Raceware also makes a mount specifically for the SLR bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts