Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase an '05 TC Aero 1 with less than 250 miles on it for $575. I like the thought of getting back into biking on something with an upgraded group on it, but I think a LARGE frame on the '05 might be too large for me. Stopped in to a Giant dealer the other day and by just looking at me he tells me I need a large frame. I'm 5'11" TOPS, with a 31" inseam....

Any thoughts about the Giant '05 compact Geometry being too big in a size LARGE?

·
More Miles...
289 Posts
I'm 5'10"+ with a 31" inseam and I ride a 2009 Defy M/L . I believe if the M/L wasn't available my LBS would have fitted me to a M with a longer stem etc. It sounds like a sweet bike though .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure who John Galt is, but I know that your advice helped me make the decision not to buy the bike. I could have probably parted it out and made some money, but decided against it. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Funny, because I'm 5'10.5 on a size large 2006 TCR C2. People say that I still have a lot of seatpost showing with too much drop. Maybe I have an ape of a body...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ventruck,

I haven't ridden in a while or EVER been properly fitted, but that just looks uncomfortable to me!!

·
More Miles...
289 Posts
Wow !

Ventruck said:
Funny, because I'm 5'10.5 on a size large 2006 TCR C2. People say that I still have a lot of seatpost showing with too much drop. Maybe I have an ape of a body...
Holy Smoke !!! If that's a large and you are 5'10.5" tall , your legs must be crazy long . I'm exactly the opposite . I have short legs . I'm not sure I could touch the pedals on your bike . Nice bike though .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts