Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all

have a stupid question for you.

i want to swap a Flite for the stock Aliante that came with my tcrc0, but the clamp is stuck pretty tight, so i can't tilt the nut. i got the bike in january, and i recall the fitter using a rubber mallet to loosen the post bolt on the bike i was fitted on (same bike but they swapped saddles/post due to color).

my question - how does one go about using a rubber mallet on a carbon post without damaging it to loosen the clamp?

tia

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just tapped mine from below using the handle-end of a mini-sledge...

On a related note, I cna't seem to get the seat exactly level -- either the tip is slightly up or slightly down. A little down is hard on my shoulders/back and a little up can be rough on the nads on long climbs... Any solution to this besides swapping the post?

botto said:
howdy all

have a stupid question for you.

i want to swap a Flite for the stock Aliante that came with my tcrc0, but the clamp is stuck pretty tight, so i can't tilt the nut. i got the bike in january, and i recall the fitter using a rubber mallet to loosen the post bolt on the bike i was fitted on (same bike but they swapped saddles/post due to color).

my question - how does one go about using a rubber mallet on a carbon post without damaging it to loosen the clamp?

tia

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had a similar problem on my TCRc1. I ended up using a 6mm hex (at least I think it was a 6) with a pretty long handle - gave me plenty of leverage to loosen it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts