Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase my first road bike. I have been riding my mountain bike on trails for awhile and decided it was time to get something nice for under $1000. MY LBS stores seem to be dumping all of the 2008 models now. Does anyone know much about the Giant TCR (just the standard TCR model) I can get a 2008 with the clip peddles for $900. I was also looking at the Specialized Allez. they would sell that for $650. The Giant fits me better and I like the color better. I guess the components are a little better too. I think it weighs about 3 lbs less than the Specialized. It is really light. I need to buy this week though. Any help out there? Is that a decent deal?

Thanks

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
Giant makes a very good bike. I assume that the TCR is the Aluminum version, correct? If it is the all carbon version please let me know where this shop is so I can buy several. I ride an older carbon TCR and love the bike. Like I said Giant makes a very good bike and the key points you hit on are the fit and for bonus you even like the color. I recommend going to the reviews section of RBR and looking at the bike reviews there. Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.