Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn out the lights, burn the candles, get the bike ready for tomorrow, and then..........not in any particular order....enjoy our moment on this earth. I will make a point of making coffee tomorrow.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
'cept he didn't surf

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
quite a voice, that brian wilson.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
That was cool. Never heard.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
That was cool. Never heard.
Me, neither. Thanks, proclaimer. Cool indeed. A very complex and subtle lyric. Here's the Beach Boys version, from the Smile album.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
'cept he didn't surf
And the song is not about surfing, not even a little bit. The title and the one reference are just an image, used somewhat ironically.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
I haven't listened to Smile in a - While. I will have to pull that out.

Yes, nice song - never heard that version before.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Brian Wilson was a genius. I wish that we could have seen what he was capable of if he had been able to continue producing music unhindered for a full career.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
my former soundman has done a few tours with Brian. He says he's a really sweet guy, a musical genius but is still very fragile.

and yes, amazing artist / singer. Good lord that falsetto was from another planet

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
my former soundman has done a few tours with Brian. He says he's a really sweet guy, a musical genius but is still very fragile.

and yes, amazing artist / singer. Good lord that falsetto was from another planet
Genius, as judgement says... Absolutely. Beetles get a lot of credit for musical themes Braian Wilson did... He's so talented, like Freddy Mercury. Just unique and beyond his time and definition. Think about it, he informed the Beetles and the Ramones. He's the inspiration for everything that matters in modern rock and roll? Old rock and roll? He is so underrated it's absolutely criminal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts