Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phillippe had one hell of a ride today at the Dauphine. Taking a long breakaway win, something that we seldom see these days, so it was sweet to watch that guy take the win today, and the yellow jersey. He's 5+ minutes up on the rest of the field, with lots of climbing to come. Methinks he won't be holding onto the jersey, but he threw it down today. Amazing, amazing ride by Mr. Gilbert today.

G

·
Yes, I was shocked when I read how the race played out! I think this is going to cost him a bit on the long TT on Wed. - unless he recover's real fast.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
magnolialover said:
Phillippe had one hell of a ride today at the Dauphine. Taking a long breakaway win, something that we seldom see these days, so it was sweet to watch that guy take the win today, and the yellow jersey. He's 5+ minutes up on the rest of the field, with lots of climbing to come. Methinks he won't be holding onto the jersey, but he threw it down today. Amazing, amazing ride by Mr. Gilbert today.
Sh!t - Things have been so good with spoilers that I was back in "New Posts" today while watching the replay. (Yes, I know it's OK in Pro) Oh well. Good stage even if I knew the outcome.

Seems like the sprinters teams were really lazy. Did they think Gerolsteiner would defend?

TF

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
This guy has class written all over him. Handy in a sprint, not afraid to make the big effort and go in breaks or solo but I've read that (despite winning Het Volk this year) he doesn't like the **** weather of the north and the cobbles. He would seem to be perfectly suited for Flanders and the host of other cobbled classics but prefers more of the Ardennes type of races. The pitfalls of being a Walloon rather than a Flandrian I guess :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.