Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indysteel & GG's morning: Woke up. Checked radar. Oh, hai t-storms! Made coffee. Sat around. Took pictures of cyclists. Yelled "moreon!" out the window at Lounger and took a quick picture. Watched it pour. Sat around some more. Poasted thread.

So, who is the mystery Lounger?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Hmm...

Tcon?

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
I've no idea who Mystery Lounger is but...holy cow! Those have got to be some miserable, wet riders. Miserable, miserable, miserable.

Cool piccies nonetheless.

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
Yay! What a fun weekend! --Fez...............................................................................not the rain of course.

·
Registered
778 Posts
DNF. :mad:

Bailed at the first SAG, was soaked and FREEZING and shivering so bad I was afraid I was going to wreck myself out on the downhill side of Suck Creek Mtn. My crew was unanimous in deciding to throw in the towel (wish I'd had a towel to throw so I could have dried off with it). A bummer for sure, I'd been really looking forward to 3S3M. Oh well, maybe next year...

Look for me in your pictures from the start, I should be easy to spot I was wearing a hi-vis yellow rain jacket....oh wait...

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Probably Deadlegs getting held back by the cop car who was only going 32mph.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I rode

I pulled off the entire 100 miles, about froze to death coming down Suck Creek,
good name it really sucked...... Kool Stop dry brake pads don't work very well
wet......very sketchy decent in the monsoon rain......6:17 time, 1st century....

Wildwood

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I was about to add that you haven't lived until you've descended Look mountain in the rain. Suck creek is also up there. 1st time I did that ride it was in similar conditions. It's still a great ride. Glad everyone finished without incident. And Andrea, you disappoint me.:confused:

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Cold? Rain? 40 more miles (or whatever)? 2 serious climbs ahead? I can't imagine wanting to bag it:smilewinkgrin:

·
go up
648 Posts
acromioclavicular joint separation for me!

zero-grav. brakes + the yellow pads + rain + sharp curves = oh crap

Made it to the top of Suck creek mtn with the lead group. Brakes were fine at first but after the right-hand 180, I had no brakes at all. At first I was thinking they would eventually slow me. Wrong! I started gaining speed and was soon passing everyone. I was about to go through a group of 7 or 8 so I chose to go off the road. Intended to just lay it down on my left side on the grass but the rear wheel caught and tossed me over. Weee.

It was raining like crazy.

Maybe it will be dry next year?

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Indysteel and I got in a hike this afternoon during the larger break in the rain, up in Cloudland SP on Lookout Mt in GA. It was pretty muggy but absolutely gorgeous! At least we ended up doing something I guess.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Heal well. I'll make it out there (again) one of these yrs...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts