Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
gizzard said:
This weekend is definitely going to be one to remember. It may not be where the Giro is won, but for some it will definitely be where the race is lost. Especially Sunday's mountain fest. Forza Gibo, vai vai il campione.
Yeah! Too bad cycling.tv excludes all sunday stages because of their contract with VS.
At least last year the sunday stages were made available under "Video on demand" 24 hours later. This year they're nowhere to be found.
Damned VS! :mad2:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sunday will be awesome. Been waiting for Sunday for several weeks now. I hope they don't ride piano until Fedaia. I figure they won't do much on the Pordoi or San Pelligrino. By the time they reach Passo Giau I want to see some attacks! There has been no shortage of attacking riding this year, so I am hopeful

·
Mountain biker
315 Posts
MG537 said:
Yeah! Too bad cycling.tv excludes all sunday stages because of their contract with VS.
At least last year the sunday stages were made available under "Video on demand" 24 hours later. This year they're nowhere to be found.
Damned VS! :mad2:
cyclingfans.com has great links to live RAI video feed (in Italian) and Eurosport English audio. They even have some handy links that open both feeds simultaneously. Although today the timing was slightly off so I heard who won the sprint several seconds before I saw it happen....

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
It's going to be great! Sunday will be interesting to see what the tactics are. Conceivably an attack on the Giau could stay away if they were good on the descents because there is only a small section of shallow grade after the Falzarego where people could really make up ground on a small group.

I couldn't tell from the maps if they were going to go through that little gorge by Sottoguda. I hope so, she's purdy.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't think they are going through the Gorge. Cars are not allowed up there and it is so narrow. The Giro does some crazy stuff but I cannot imagine them going through there.

It is a very dramatic path to ride through.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
They went through that gorge a few years ago. Don't recall from the RAI coverage where the cars went.

I intended to go through there when I was in the area last year but blew right by on the descent and didn't feel like going back up. Very fast descent coming down that way. Hit 93kph and didn't even think I was going fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.