Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Marzio Bruseghin has a half-decent time trial today (which is entirely possible considering Voigt's time), it is possible for him to finish on the podium. Don't forget the last stage is a pancake-flat ITT.

This year's to three:
1. Contador
2. Menchov
3. Bruseghin

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Bruseghin has had a great tour. Lot of people for Menchov to climb over, but not inconceivable. That last time trial is going to be tense.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Good thread. I've had the same thoughts about Bruseghin because he should do quite well in the ITT. But remember that the final Giro ITT isn't the typical TdF 50-km ITT where one can gain two, three, minutes or so -- it's about 25-km, so Bruseghin might only claw back a minute or so. It will be close.

Hats off to the Giro organizers for keeping the ITTs reasonable in length, thus keeping the podium suspense going well into week three.

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
If the last ITT was a 50km type TT, I would definitely say Menchov can claw some time back but with Alberto having improved his TT abilities, I'd stil say he can win it should he be leading before then. Even if Ricco overtakes him by about a minute before that, he can well pull ahead of Ricco on that kind of a stage as Ricco ain't too good a TT rider on the flats.

Simoni has really impressed me at this Giro with his all round riding and form. And, Pelizotti might pull more time back in the mountain stage left as well.

My pick? Erm, Bert, then Ricco and Simoni with Menchov just outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.