Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,673 Posts
How bad is the cooling on those new bowling-ball style lids out of curiosity?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,673 Posts
Looks Great!

[LOL....yeah RIGHT!]
If you're worried about how you look...cycling ain't for you.

No one thinks the spandex clad neon love chickens on the road look good.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
How bad is the cooling on those new bowling-ball style lids out of curiosity?
A bit biased ehh? (cup half full/half empty) :)
Cooling is just fine if you are using the helmet as intended, not something to wear on the C rides.
Luca seemed to be happy with the helmet when he crossed the line the other day (even pointed at it).

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I saw a bunch of them at the races last weekend.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
A number of them in the Giro today (without shields) and previous days despite warmer temps, 84F today.

They're actually more head-shaped than bowling ball shaped. Same shape as mainstream helmets and about 1 cm smaller in length and width, just without the big vents and numerous fins sticking out the back.

There's a couple of other threads on this helmet discussing it characteristics and relative ventilation performance.

I like this pic of Tejay:

View attachment 280498

·
Registered
82 Posts
How are the exterior dimensions of this helmet vs a standard Giro road helmet?

I hate the mushroom-head look, so I'm wondering if with less holes, the Air Attack doesn't need to be as thick to meet the same safety requirements.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I have a hard time seeing the screen on my Garmin with my rose tinted photochromatic sunglasses. That shield looks pretty dark. Anybody using a Garmin 500 with this shield and if so does it inhibit reading the numbers?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.