Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a giro atmos helmet. From looking at all the different helmets, it looks like the atmos kinda has 2 different designs. One looks like it covers a little more of the head than the other one. Is there 2 different designs or am I just crazy (probably). Also do the people who have the atmos like it? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
90 Posts
good helmet

my wife got one for me last Xmas, seems to have less wind noise at speed than my 3-yr old Giro Eclipse. Don't know about different designs, mine's an 05 and it looks the same to me as 06s. It comes with a neoprene carry case and an extra set of liner pads, which is nice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Only one, as far as I know

I bought an Atmos one week ago, and the store had both 05 and 06 models. As far as I could tell, the only difference was in the color schemes. I ended up buying an 05 in blue/white (Fassa Bortolo colors) since it was on clearance. It's by far the best-ventilated helmet I've ever owned, probably equal or superior to the other top end helmets out there in this regard (Giro pneumo, Bell Sweep and Ghisallo, Specialized S-1 and Decibel). Don't bother with the flashy helmets with gimicky cooling mechanisms (eg Briko Twinner, LAS Haxial) unless you're looking for a helmet to keep your head warm during cool weather! I had a Briko Twinner for two years (I have no idea why I rode with this torture device for so long) and the only thing at which it excelled was generating a never ending stream of sweat from my forehead.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input

Thanks for the input for the atmos helmets. I am probably just crazy thinking they have different designs it just looked like some helmets fit on people's head a little differently. I am probably going to go with the blue-white fassa bortolo helmet too. They have it brand new on e-bay for around $145. Thanks again for the input on these helmets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts