Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been watching the live replay of the Giro stages that air at 6pm ET 3pm PT on Cycling TV? Is it really a true replay of the live coverage or is it just the last hour or hour and a half of coverage?

I saw it today (Stage 10) for the first time and they only covered the last 40K. I've been getting up to watch the early morning coverage and it seems there ought to be more if it is a true replay of the live coverage.

· Registered
188 Posts
it sounds like you're looking at the highlights, which are in the "giro on demand" tab. you should be viewing the "giro live" viewer, which is where they show the "as live" re-runs. i watched the highlights last night and they were, as you said, just the last 40k. it may be different for me because i went directly through OLN to subscribe for giro coverage rather than the cycling.tv partnership. good luck.

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
il sogno said:
Has anyone been watching the live replay of the Giro stages that air at 6pm ET 3pm PT on Cycling TV? Is it really a true replay of the live coverage or is it just the last hour or hour and a half of coverage?

I saw it today (Stage 10) for the first time and they only covered the last 40K. I've been getting up to watch the early morning coverage and it seems there ought to be more if it is a true replay of the live coverage.
It is the same as the morning broadcast. - TF

· You talking to me?
736 Posts
Yes it is the same as the morning live broadcast.

Which is the full extent of what RAI broadcasts live. This usually runs 2.25 to 2.5 hours. I believe the highlights have been two 0.5 hour segments so they've whittled it down by about 50% or so.

I thought the comments about the pace of the race picking up quite a bit when the helicopters take to the air and the cameras come on were interesting.

· Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I ask is because I only saw the replay as live afternoon broadcast yesterday and it only went about an 1:15 or so.

At any rate, I emailed cyclingtv yesterday and they got right back to me this morning. Turns out they do indeed shorten the afternoon Replay as Live broadcast. Next week they will show the final 2 hours of each stage in full for the Replay as Live netcast.

· Banned
4,302 Posts
il sogno said:

What about data rates? It seems with cycling.tv i was getting consistent 1200kb/s but when I watch the replay it's a very pixillated 400kb/s. I've played with all the servers and settings and it's always jumpy unless I set it at 400 kb/s

· Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sintesi said:
What about data rates? It seems with cycling.tv i was getting consistent 1200kb/s but when I watch the replay it's a very pixillated 400kb/s. I've played with all the servers and settings and it's always jumpy unless I set it at 400 kb/s
Yeah me too. It seems like I was getting a higher data rate watching it live.

· Registered
339 Posts
Now if only they would start the replay an hour or two later, in CST the Live Coverage starts at 8:00am and the replay starts at 5:00pm, which annoyingly clashes with most people's working day well it does with mine at least. I'd use that ReplayAV thing but that would involve me being there to kick it off, which I never am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.