Where's that GPS?
Giro d'Italia 2017
Note: This thread may contain a spoiler. Do not read further until you have seen the stage for yourself or have no objection to a spoiler.
Stage 13 Recap
Well, will the wonders of Gaviria never cease? Fourth Giro sprint win in his first Giro – he’s owning the other sprinters like a boss. There’s a new sheriff in town!
No change in the GC or the jerseys.
General Classification (Top Ten) after Stage 13:
1) Tom Dumoulin (Sunweb) 56:28:53
2) Nairo Quintana (Movistar) 0:02:23
3) Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo) 0:02:38
4) Thibaut Pinot (FDJ) 0:02:40
5) Vincenzo Nibali (Bahrain-Merida) 0:02:47
6) Andrey Amador (Movistar) 0:03:05
7) Bob Jungels (QuickStep) 0:03:56
8) Domenico Pozzovivo (AG2R La Mondiale) 0:03:59
9) Tanel Kangert (Astana)
10) Ilnur Zakarin (Katusha-Alpecin) 0:04:17
Stage 14: Casatellania – Oropa (Biella) , 131km
A short quick descent to Tortona leading to a fairly long ascending false flat. At about the 103km mark, things start getting serious as the peloton climbs the Cat 1 Oropa (Biella) – from about 204M above sea level to 1142M with gradients varying from 9% to 13%. This one’s gonna hurt and the Maglia Rosa will be under pressure from Movistar Team – so could be a very dramatic finish.
My call: Quintana takes the stage and some time on Dumoulin, but the Dutchman retains the Maglia Rosa. Nibali shows some legs here or cashes in his chips.
Stage 14 Profile:
Stage 14 Map: