Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Text Font Logo Brand Graphics
Note: This thread may contain a spoiler. Do not read further until you have seen the stage for yourself or have no objection to a spoiler.

Giro d'Italia - Stage Six Results
At the sprint finish today Gaviria and Griepel were not the names on everyone's lips - Jasper Stuyven (Trek-Segafredo) and Silvan Dillier (BMC) were the heros of the day instead. Dillier barely held off Stuyven to win the stage - with both riders attacking the uphill finish line with brute force. An excellent finish.

Our Race Leader as well as the other jerseys and even the General Classification's top ten remain the same today and may very well remain so at the end of tomorrow's stage as well. Jungels must be getting used to the Maglia Rosa by now...

General Classification Standings after Stage Six:
1) Bob Jungels (Quick-Step) 28h 20’ 47”
2) Geraint Thomas (SKY) 0’ 06”
3) Adam Yates (Orica-Scott) 0’ 10”
4) Domenico Pozzovivo (AG2R La Mondiale) 0’ 10”
5) Vincenzo Nibali (Bahrain-Merida) 0’ 10”
6) Tom Dumoulin (Sunweb) 0’ 10”
7) Nairo Quintana (Movistar) 0’ 10”
8) Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo) 0’ 10”
9) Tejay Van Garderen (BMC) 0’ 10”
10) Andrey Amador (Movistar) 0’ 10”

The Jerseys:
Leader: Jungels
Mountains: Polanc
Youth: Jungels

Stage Seven: Castrovillari - Alberobello (Valle D'Itria), km

In what has now become a familiar receipe, we are in for yet another Sprinter's stage featuring coastal roads. After a quick downhill ramp, the remainder of the ride is mostly flat until the easy climb up the Cat 4 Bosco delle Pianelle starting at the 138km point and cresting at the 154km "summit" leading to a technical finish with road furniture and sharp turns to add some spice to the proceedings. As in most Sprinter's stages, positioning towards the very end might be the ballgame unless you have a big enough motor to overcome a not-so-perfect placement and can gut out a Dillier-like performance

My call: Frankly, I'm not sure.
Has Gaviria run out of gas? Has "The Gorilla" been holding back, waiting to pounce? Or will another dark horse come away with the victory? Those sprinters are keeping us guessing!

Stage Seven Profile:
Text Red Slope White Line

Stage Seven Map:
Blue Red Text Colorfulness White

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coming up on the finish - the Sprinter's team are jockeying for position and assembling their trains...

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice finish!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
For a hot second there I thought Postelberger was going to ride off the front again!

It was a nice finish, although I'm not much of a Ewan fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts