Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A) Looking for feedback on either (or both) the Giro Foray ($55) or Giro Trinity ($26) helmets. I know the Trinity only comes in one size but the Foray comes in S/M/L...my headsize is 22.75" so I would assume the medium for the Foray. Some say the Trinity runs a bit small but to me 22.75" would fit in that category.

B) Also looking for feedback on the Cygolite Streak 350 headlight ($35). Had planned on going with the Axiom Lazer 200 LED headlight ($25) but the Streak 350 seems to get great reviews for only $10 more.

Thanks for all the help and feedback!

btw: I've got a seat bag on my bike (about as long as a cell phone but not too large) which leaves no room above or below for a taillight now that I'm making the move to road cycling...any suggestions as to have both the bag and light on the back?

TripleB

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
A) Looking for feedback on either (or both) the Giro Foray ($55) or Giro Trinity ($26) helmets. I know the Trinity only comes in one size but the Foray comes in S/M/L...my headsize is 22.75" so I would assume the medium for the Foray. Some say the Trinity runs a bit small but to me 22.75" would fit in that category.

B) Also looking for feedback on the Cygolite Streak 350 headlight ($35). Had planned on going with the Axiom Lazer 200 LED headlight ($25) but the Streak 350 seems to get great reviews for only $10 more.

Thanks for all the help and feedback!

btw: I've got a seat bag on my bike (about as long as a cell phone but not too large) which leaves no room above or below for a taillight now that I'm making the move to road cycling...any suggestions as to have both the bag and light on the back?

TripleB
Check your saddle bag for a loop type of thing for tail lights, many are made to support having a tail light.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
The Giro Foray is fine if you can live with or even prefer (as I do) very thin padding. Nothing soft inside that helmet.

Many tail lights come with a seat stay mounting bracket. It's a good place to put a light if you check the tightness of the bracket every so often. You don't want a light go into the spokes.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Portland Design Works (PDW) has a rack bracket for their taillights. I cut the ears off one of those once and mounted the bracket to the fabric of the bag. Needed to punch two holes in the bag flap. Worked well.

If you do something like that, punch the holes as small as possible and make sure you use the large washers under the nuts to keep the contraption from pulling trough the fabric.

Still, there's no need to center the light on the bike. Left seat stay is my advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have three Forays in different colors. Works for me. I sometimes have to wear large helmets but the Foray medium fits well. I used to lust after more expensive helmets but now I'd rather splurge on bibs (Assos).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts