Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just some opinions on helmet fitting needed please.

I tried the Medium sized Ionos and it feels really tight on my temple while the L sized feels okay but i look big headed....anyone has the same experience? I usually wear mediums. Thinking of ordering online and need more infos before i proceed.

Thanks

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
I tried one a long time ago and compared to the Medium Atmos, the Ionos (M) fits me more snugly and I prefer it for sure.

I guess for some head types, the Ionos is a little more snug perhaps. HTH.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I had a few Atmos and now have 2 Ionos. All fit me, and all are size medium. The Atmos were much tighter on the forehead, and loose in the temples. Ionos fit me much better.

You may want to try helmets from another brand, such as Specialized or Bell. They may end up fitting you better..

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i am a size L in giro (atmos) and just bought a size M specialized 2d which fits fine - a size M atmos or ionos would barely squeeze onto my dome

hopefully that was of some use to someone

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
gapple88 said:
I bot a M....My cirumference is 58 cm....

Fits ok....snug...

I have not ridden with it yet....
Fits better than the Atmos? I would say so for me. Will pick one up this fall or something perhaps.

Didcha get it on closeout or something? Lots of nice deals that I saw the last time I checked around online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.