Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
check your local listings

it jumps around a bit depending on the stage. but lately they have been showing around 6:15 AM (PDT), with another post-race show around 8:30 AM (PDT). i really enjoy it!

il grande giro...il grande giro...

·
wheel to wheel
2,236 Posts
If you do not have cable, etc. and did not subscribe to the OLN internet coverage, and if you speak Italian, and if you live in a country which does not televise the race,
the Giro is available on Rai Click TV.

"Le tappe" is a segment previewing each stage.
"Prima Tappa"; "Seconda Tappa", etc. is the coverage of the stage.
"T Giro" is a wrap-up of each stage.

The coverage is good; the commentary of Davide Cassani, Auro Bulbarelli and Silvio Martinello is excellent; and the wrap-up analysis with Gigi Sgarbozza and various guests is fun.

And, of course, Paolo Belli. E' Un Gran Bel Giro....!

Enjoy!

As far as the start times, they usually vary between 10:00/11:00 (in Italy).
You can see each stage start time by clicking on "cronotabella" here: http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giroditalia/2006/it/tappe.shtml

·
Registered
777 Posts
cadence90 said:
If you do not have cable, etc. and did not subscribe to the OLN internet coverage, and if you speak Italian, and if you live in a country which does not televise the race,
the Giro is available on Rai Click TV.

"Le tappe" is a segment previewing each stage.
"Prima Tappa"; "Seconda Tappa", etc. is the coverage of the stage.
"T Giro" is a wrap-up of each stage.

The coverage is good; the commentary of Davide Cassani, Auro Bulbarelli and Silvio Martinello is excellent; and the wrap-up analysis with Gigi Sgarbozza and various guests is fun.

And, of course, Paolo Belli. E' Un Gran Bel Giro....!

Enjoy!

As far as the start times, they usually vary between 10:00/11:00 (in Italy).
You can see each stage start time by clicking on "cronotabella" here: http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giroditalia/2006/it/tappe.shtml

Neat site. I like the rerun of the post race commentaries. I have no idea what theyre saying, except for a few words, but it's interesting to find out how the racers sound and how they carry themselves in interviews.

and that chick sitting in the chair in the middle of the commentators' stand is smokin' hott...

·
wheel to wheel
2,236 Posts
wzq622 said:
Neat site. I like the rerun of the post race commentaries. I have no idea what theyre saying, except for a few words, but it's interesting to find out how the racers sound and how they carry themselves in interviews.
Yes, the commentary/analysis/interviews are really good.

wzq622 said:
and that chick sitting in the chair in the middle of the commentators' stand is smokin' hott...
Luciana Francioli, a Brasilian model who after several years still can't put three phrases together, barely speaks any Italian and has terrible pronunciation.
I have no idea how she got this job.:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.