Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Giro on television anywhere? I'm on DirecTV in Texas.

·
off the back
15,584 Posts
I do. Been a great year for coverage for me.
And this year, BeIn did away with the annoying announcers who used to talk in and out of every commercial break. Knew nothing about cycling, I think soccer was their area of expertise.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
And this year, BeIn did away with the annoying announcers who used to talk in and out of every commercial break. Knew nothing about cycling, I think soccer was their area of expertise.
I couldn't find stage 3 anywhere on BeIn... have it set to record stage 4 and all others.

Orica Green Edge said something about restrictions on showing the race as a reason why they can't film their backstage passes? Well they can film, just that they have edit out all race footage. What a$$hats, no Orica, the organizers.

Also, someone here got me all heated to buy cycling.tv, but I checked that page and Giro on demand is in CANADA only? Not exactly all encompassing coverage.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I couldn't find stage 3 anywhere on BeIn... have it set to record stage 4 and all others.

Orica Green Edge said something about restrictions on showing the race as a reason why they can't film their backstage passes? Well they can film, just that they have edit out all race footage. What a$$hats, no Orica, the organizers.

Also, someone here got me all heated to buy cycling.tv, but I checked that page and Giro on demand is in CANADA only? Not exactly all encompassing coverage.
BeIn Channel 7. Most of their classics were on 9, Giro is BeIn 7 (at least today was)

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
No big loss. Pure sprinter stage = watching paint dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Up here in Canada it was carried on a French channel. Nice to not have to listen to (or understand much) the commentary.

·
off the back
15,584 Posts
Yeah, not sure if it will be only one day of the weekend, both, or maybe Sat. one week and Sun. the next, but some of the weekend stages will only be shown on the internet. I think with BeIn, soccer always comes first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts