Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· limit screwed
807 Posts
Somewhere in Italy...

"Hmm. We did the Zoncolan last year, which was a piece of cake. Where can we find something to really make it tough?"

· Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
All I can say is, I bet the peloton and everyone contending other than Ricco and Di Luca are cussing their heads off at those 2 for attacking before Leipheimer crashed.

But, Kloden and Alberto look very, very sharp indeed. Simoni as well. He's really good yesterday and was easy today too.

Menchov and Levi looked to be struggling. Maybe just a today thing, but I think they'd settle into the domestique role (at least Levi for Andreas and Alberto).

Savoldelli also looks real strong too. It's gonna be a cracker to come in the next few days leading up to the killer week without any doubt.

· Registered
11,561 Posts
uzziefly said:
But, Kloden and Alberto look very, very sharp indeed. Simoni as well. He's really good yesterday and was easy today too.
Don't forget Van Den Broeck, who was right there with them every time. Perhaps a one-off day, but he could be the revelation of the race if he keeps climbing like he was today.

Other GC riders that were found wanting were Nibali and Pellizotti, although they may have had tire problems or something, it seemed like every Liquigas riders went down very often.

Selle, who crashed with Visconit/Leipheimer/etc. certainly has given up any GC hopes if had any and will only focus on the KOM now.

Big loser was Bosisio who very well may have picked up several minutes if he hadn't crashed just before he and Baliani were abourt to join the escape.

· Registered
453 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
Don't forget Van Den Broeck, who was right there with them every time. Perhaps a one-off day, but he could be the revelation of the race if he keeps climbing like he was today.

Other GC riders that were found wanting were Nibali and Pellizotti, although they may have had tire problems or something, it seemed like every Liquigas riders went down very often.

Selle, who crashed with Visconit/Leipheimer/etc. certainly has given up any GC hopes if had any and will only focus on the KOM now.

Big loser was Bosisio who very well may have picked up several minutes if he hadn't crashed just before he and Baliani were abourt to join the escape.
Did you see Bosisio' jersey, he had ripped the entire shoulder of it off, very lucky..... I'd say he was a big winner in keeping his collarbone/shoulderblade intact :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.