Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup: Today's stage (Friday June 30) is likely to eliminate one or two contenders from the GC, although it will surely not deliver us an overall winner. It's still a long and lumpy stage (228km) with a mountain top finish coming 55km after the Passo del Vivione.
Thanks to the Giro organisers, this year's race is likely to be decided in the final 10km of Sunday's time trial – the best Giro for a number of years.
 

·
gastarbeiter
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
i'm thinking tomorrow's is going to hurt even more.

i'll be riding some of the same terrain in 3 weeks time. not exactly looking forward to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
botto said:
i'm thinking tomorrow's is going to hurt even more.

i'll be riding some of the same terrain in 3 weeks time. not exactly looking forward to it.
Seriously, that looks like fun. Some of my most memorable rides have been in the Alps. I'm in the process of buying an apartment in a ski chalet in France so that I have a decent base for riding in the mountains - not to mention the skiing. Hope you have a good ride.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,241 Posts
botto said:
i'm thinking tomorrow's is going to hurt even more.

i'll be riding some of the same terrain in 3 weeks time. not exactly looking forward to it.

Are you doing the GF Marco Pantani? Need to let us know how it goes, It looks like we are doing the Campagnolo and Pantani next year.
 

·
gastarbeiter
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
bigpinkt said:
Are you doing the GF Marco Pantani? Need to let us know how it goes, It looks like we are doing the Campagnolo and Pantani next year.
yep. the maratona filled up a hell of a lot quicker than it had the previous 3 years.
 

·
scruffy nerf herder
Joined
·
4,484 Posts
wow. 2:05....

hammer...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,241 Posts
botto said:
yep. the maratona filled up a hell of a lot quicker than it had the previous 3 years.
The Maratona is a lottery now isn't it? I was under the impression hat all the entries go in then they randomly pick out a bunch....and foreigns get a better chance
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
19,208 Posts
Bert has cracked.... I think Ricco or Di Luca would probably win the overall seeing as it's not really possible for Contador to take time on them tomorrow too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,000 Posts
Nope Contador by 4 sec!
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
19,208 Posts
If Alberto can hold onto Ricco and Di Luca and keep the damage to within a minute or so, I think he could take it in the TT on Sunday. He's gotta ride the ride of his career tomorrow just to limit the damage and a TT to die for on Sunday though.
 

·
Cannot bench own weight
Joined
·
4,298 Posts
uzziefly said:
If Alberto can hold onto Ricco and Di Luca and keep the damage to within a minute or so, I think he could take it in the TT on Sunday. He's gotta ride the ride of his career tomorrow just to limit the damage and a TT to die for on Sunday though.
Not so sure about that. The leader's jersey imparts strange powers. If DiLuca or Ricco were to go into the final TT with the Jersey, then watch out. No one wants to be Fignon part 2.
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
19,208 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Nope Contador by 4 sec!
He'll have to have a good day tomorrow and a great one Sunday to win it. Sunday - possible. Tomorrow - That will be the key.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top