Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,996 Posts
Nope. Straight time spits, IIRC


That was a weird, new socialist TTT thing the Tour experimented with recently. Realising it was junk, but not wanting Lance (or whoever) to gain 10 minutes on everyone, is why they scrapped it.
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,249 Posts
with regular time issued.y guess is some GC guys will say buh bye at this point. Savoldelli and Basso will come out on top. Simoni's squad may do okay,but CSC and Discovery are gonna drop this like a bomb on the Italian teams.
 

·
Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
3,151 Posts
Argentius said:
Nope. Straight time spits, IIRC
Wow. I'm not sure I can handle that.

How is the Lampre Team? They better put out for my boy Cunego!!

Gerlosteiner team will be interesting. They have some stallions in baby blue! I think 3 in the top 10 of today's hard stage.

Rujano might abandon after the TTT :)

francois
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,808 Posts
atpjunkie said:
with regular time issued.y guess is some GC guys will say buh bye at this point. Savoldelli and Basso will come out on top. Simoni's squad may do okay,but CSC and Discovery are gonna drop this like a bomb on the Italian teams.
It could be decisive of many contenders' chances if it were longer, but at 38k, maybe not. Last year in the TdF, 15 of 21 teams lost more than 2 minutes in 68k and 9 lost more than 3, but few lost much more than that. Cut those in half, maybe? Every second counts, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Argentius said:
Nope. Straight time spits, IIRC


That was a weird, new socialist TTT thing the Tour experimented with recently. Realising it was junk, but not wanting Lance (or whoever) to gain 10 minutes on everyone, is why they scrapped it.

Argentius thanks for the info. I had been searching, but couldn't find it.

It seems that with the flat TTT and the flat ITT the better TTr's (Savoldelli and Basso) should be able to put a fair amount of time into the little climbers (Simoni and Cunego) before the last week.
 

·
Rollin' Stones
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Don't forget T-mobile.

I'll be interested to see Jan's performance in this TTT. Who is T-mobile's captain for the Giro anyways? Is it everyone for themselves? Jan is riding for "fitness". So everyone else is dometicized for a 3 week trainig ride?
 

·
For president!
Joined
·
7,851 Posts
cydswipe said:
I'll be interested to see Jan's performance in this TTT. Who is T-mobile's captain for the Giro anyways? Is it everyone for themselves? Jan is riding for "fitness". So everyone else is dometicized for a 3 week trainig ride?
Look for Gonchar on T-Mobile to ride top 5-10 if he has form in the mountains. He will definitely do well in the TTs.

Silas
 

·
Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
3,151 Posts
Argentius said:
Yeah, I think that's why they made it so short -- to keep the splits in control. 38K with a tailwind. The ones in the Tour were more like 65-70.
There are some idiots working the TDF these past few years. They realized that a 70k TTT can blow apart the contenders. So they institute these foolish time constraint bracket mumbo jumbo that led to the demise of their TTT.

Instead, they should have just shortened it, end of story.

francois
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
608 Posts
francois said:
Instead, they should have just shortened it, end of story.
They should have had the time count only in the team competition. Maybe 20/12/8 second time bonuses also applied to the individuals of the top three teams.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top