Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with both of these fitting systems? I read the recent thread on helmets, but it didn't specifically cover this issue. I have been using an LG for 5 years now, and over the past 2 years it has been a LG Ozzy. However, I have always wanted a Giro and am about to spend the duckets for an Ionos. I went to my LBS to size them, and it didn't seem as though the fit system was very smooth compared to the wheel on the LG.

Exactly how does the Giro fit system work? Am I supposed to push down on those two tabs and then move them, or are they just supposed to slide when I put pressure on them.

· Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
Fab

I have an Ozzy and a Pneumo. I actually prefer the Giro system to the LG. I had to replace my LG fit system because it basically locked up after about a year. The service from LG was great, they replaced it no charge.

On my pneumo you press them when loosening, they just slide when tightening. Basically a ratchet system. The fit systems wouldn't sway me one way or another. I do like the Giro better because it is a LOT cooler in the summer. It's time for a new helmet to replace my pneumo and I'll probably get another giro.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.