Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent a week cycling around the city and all I can say is Wow!
Rode with Campo Bicicleta who acted as a terrific guide. Routes are great, scenery is great, food is great. Starting each ride at La Fabrica with great coffee and seeing pros start out the same rides was also a nice bonus. Rode one day with jetze Plat for a bit too. Last day was spent climbing Rocacorba which is relatively tough for so early in the season but a great ending to the trip. i've done Mallorca twice and while the Island has its pluses I much preferred Girona which felt more authentic, wasn't over-run with cyclists and you heard Spanish spoken and not German.

Not sure if my feelings are shared but I wanted to post and see if others felt similarly. I'm already hoping to come back next year.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
The dirt trails around there are great too. I didn't do any 'real' mountain biking but judging by all the people I saw coming out of the woods with full face helmets and body armor there's plenty of hardcore mountain biking around too.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I brought my road bike but I talked to a number of people there that do mountain biking. I believe you are on to something.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yep, Girona's great! Tough to choose between that and Mallorca for me though. Another advantage of Girona is it's a short train ride to Barcelona and all it's attractions. Glad you had a great trip! I'll definitely be going back to Girona one of these days too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts