I've had it with being skinny.

I've had it with wrinkling lycra.

I'm down to 150lbs.

Help me out here.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
https://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/

Cookie bottom and cookie top, 9 inches. Layers of Hersey’s milk chocolate, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Twix, two layers of snickers and marshmallows all put together by peanut butter.

joe

·
Registered
663 Posts
I find butter chicken and ice cream to be highly effective. If you are looking for something that doesn't contain a week's saturated fat, have you considered supplements? Mutant Mass by PVL contains 1050 calories per serving.

It really comes down to calories in vs. calories out, which I'm sure you know. If you're going to ride your bike and kayak all day, you're going to need to pack away some high-cal food.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
MB1 said:
I've had it with being skinny.

I've had it with wrinkling lycra.

I'm down to 150lbs.

Help me out here.
weights.

steak.

beer.

Once per week, eat double your usual number of calories.

·
Proud luddite
7,223 Posts
For me it's the sweets. It is so easy to gain weight if you eat a ton of sweets. Ice cream, fudge, donuts, cake, candy, whatever. Just eat things with lots of refined sugar. High fat content will also help.

Good lord, I can't believe I'm giving this advice.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
They don't call the layer of flesh protecting my six pack a Beer Muscle for nothing.

That, and you need to explain why you don't like Spam and Velveeta.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Are you going to listen to these guys??

There are healthy ways of increasing your calorie intake. You guys do a lot of daily exercise. And for the most part you eat pretty healthy. You can increase calorie intake by adding just a little bit more at each meal, or add a light meal/snack in the evening. High value/high calorie foods like avocados, olives, un-sweetened dairy products, sunflower seeds, dried fruit can all be added into meals or used as snacks.

A protein smoothie about an hour before bed would work. Around 300 kcal of a liquid meal would digest fine overnight.

After all, they created Ensure for you retired folk!

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt you guys to take a day off once a week. Try some miniature golf. Sit out on the lanai and play with your RC car.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
danl1 said:
...That, and you need to explain why you don't like Spam and Velveeta.
Dude, I grew up in Hawaii!

I'm all about spam.

Not to mention Spam Haiku!

My friend pork shoulder
I return to you. this time
I've brought mayonnaise

Old man seeks doctor
"I eat Spam daily", he says.
Angioplasty

Myrrh, frankincense, and
SPAM: the gifts of two wise men
and one complete fool.

In mud you frolicked
Till they cut, cleaned and canned you
How now, ground sow?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
theBreeze said:
Are you going to listen to these guys??

There are healthy ways of increasing your calorie intake. You guys do a lot of daily exercise. And for the most part you eat pretty healthy. You can increase calorie intake by adding just a little bit more at each meal, or add a light meal/snack in the evening. High value/high calorie foods like avocados, olives, un-sweetened dairy products, sunflower seeds, dried fruit can all be added into meals or used as snacks.

A protein smoothie about an hour before bed would work. Around 300 kcal of a liquid meal would digest fine overnight.

After all, they created Ensure for you retired folk!

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt you guys to take a day off once a week. Try some miniature golf. Sit out on the lanai and play with your RC car.
We already eat 4-5 meals a day.

I think my real problem is just getting tired of eating all the time.

Goofy golf FTW!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
MB1 said:
Give me your weight gain secrets.
Standing somewhere in the general vicinity of food works for me. Walking past a head of lettuce or smelling a celery stick once or twice usually packs some weight on too.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JoeDaddio said:
...Cookie bottom and cookie top, 9 inches. Layers of Hersey’s milk chocolate, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Twix, two layers of snickers and marshmallows all put together by peanut butter.

joe
LOL, where did you find that thing?

Sure wish Pollys Pies had a DC location. :(

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Then I guess your only choice is to ride less.

Ever considered needle point?

·
Stay Fit!
182 Posts
Approximate 3500 calories per pound. Need to eat that much more per week to gain anything. Do you weight train at all?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts