Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
12,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When filling out a questionare the other day it asked for any nickname you may have. That's strange I thought- who has a nickname (at least a non-embarrassing one). Still- it was too good of an opportunity (and reminded me too much of the Seinfeld episode where George wanted to be called "T-Bone" but ended up with "Koko the gorilla" instead).

So anyway- if you were filling this out, what nickname would you have given yourself (assuming you already did not have one)?

- I used "Big Poppa Smurf"

:D

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
mozze - it was my grandfather's nickname cause he just kind of mozzied through life, and my dad says I am like him, take my time in doing everything.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Hoolie Doolie.

(I've been called that before).

My grandfather called me "Doodlebug."

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Coolhand said:
When willing out a questionare the other day it asked for any nickname you may have. That's strange I thought- who has a nickname (at least a non-embarrassing one). Still- it was too good of an opportunity (and reminded me too much of the Seinfeld episode where George wanted to be called "T-Bone" but ended up with "Koko the gorilla" instead.

So anyway- if you were filling this out, what nickname would you have given yourself (assuming you already did not have one)?

- I used "Big Poppa Smurf"

:D
Svend, Spawn of Zeus, and Protector of unwed mothers

kinda long but it works......

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Schmo. :rolleyes:

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
svend said:
Svend, Spawn of Zeus, and Protector of unwed mothers

kinda long but it works......
actually El Conquistador was a real one.....back in my psuedo-Baja 1000 days......unfortunately it had zero to do with women

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Thor -- even though this is the Lounge, we are on RBR. And, Thor is the coolest name in the pro peleton.

That being said, I always have hated nicknames. Fortunately Mark does not lend itself to nicknames. My last name, which has two syllables, often has been shortened to its first syllable as a nickname. I don't like it, but I have learned that when it comes to nicknames if you let people know that you don't like them, people tend to use them more rather than less. There also is one name, which is not a nickname, that I dislike even more than nicknames -- my first name (not Mark, which is my second name).

My initial thought had been to respond that you could call me "Mr. President." But, without starting a PO flame war, I decided that I really did not want to be in the class of recent people who have had this nickname.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,415 Posts
Besides ^%@@#$%^^ and ##%[email protected]&^, I've also been called "Crash"....(but not in the last few years)

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Those ##&%&&!! nicknames

MR_GRUMPY said:
Besides ^%@@#$%^^ and ##%[email protected]&^, I've also been called "Crash"....(but not in the last few years)
Yeah, I have had a few of those nicknames too. Usually they are yelled at me by passing motorists when I am on my bike.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I'd pick "Scooter" because I'd be able to ask girls if they'd like to take a ride on a Scooter.
Scooter the name of that guy in your avatar?

·
Administrator
12,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MarkS said:
Thor -- even though this is the Lounge, we are on RBR. And, Thor is the coolest name in the pro peleton.
Announcer: Oh, I am sorry. The correct answer was Magnus. But you do get our runner-up prize, a year's supply of Rice-o-Roni- the San Francisco treat!

:)

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Citizen Snips. Either that or Alejandro.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts